Categories
Uncategorized

Albury Parish Council

Albury is a small village with three hamlets, located about one mile northwest of the town of Albury. Part of a parish centrally located in the Vale of Holmesdale, it is home to a number of local businesses, schools, churches and other public facilities.
There is a creek leading to Chilworth, called Law Brook, which revolves around the creek and is the main source of water for the town of Albury and the village itself.
Other streams, such as Silent Pool, supply water to the town of Chilworth, the village of Tillingbourne and other parts of Albury. The water is supplied by other streams such as the Silent Pool and the Law Brook tributary, which flows into Tillbourne. Tillsbourne goes through hibernation and produces its own water and the early mills that were so important to the economic development of the place. Winterfold has remained and has become an unparalleled, pristine land for those seeking recreation beyond the easy reach of London. It has been maintained for generations by tourists who visit it for its natural beauty, picturesque views and proximity to London and London Bridge.
A recent census shows that about a thousand people live in the community of Albury and are geographically widespread, separated by forests, heath and farmland. Its social cohesion is remarkably strong, with a population of about 2,000 people, mainly in the town of Chilworth and the village of Tillingbourne. The Alburys Trust has issued a brochure, primarily to welcome parishioners and visitors from other parts of the country and abroad.
The Foundation has launched a series of initiatives to preserve the character and amenities of the parish. It has spawned associations and societies that have helped to give it the vitality it enjoys.
The Albury website offers you access to a wide range of information about the parish, its activities and its history. On the Alburys website you will find an extensive list of events and activities that you can visit, as well as links to more information.
The club is non-profit and requires the lowest practicable subscription to remain accessible. There are currently more than 800 members and families, and the Club charges a small but viable membership fee to keep its services and activities accessible to all.
John Barley’s eldest owned the Wicken Bonhunt estate in the same county, and when he died in 1420 he left it to his son and heir, John, son-in-law of the MP’s father. He inherited it from his mother and after he and his father were able to expand their estate by marrying an heiress, his family took their name from the village of Barleys in Hertfordshire.
The NSW Gazette describes the Thurgoona property owned by Elizabeth Mitchell as “a small allotment that comes from the neighbourhood, about 1.5 hectares in size and just over a quarter of a mile long.” It is worth telling you what they did in 1436, when Little Hadham’s income from property was estimated at PS100 p.a.
Today’s St. John’s Church was built under the leadership of Edward Wignell, who was a Teamster at the time, transporting goods from his home in the south of the city to the nearby town of Thurgona. He was supported at Sunday school by his daughter Anne, who taught three days a week, a day rarely missed. The man was able to return north to carry bricks and building materials for the construction of his own church in Alburry in 1436.
In the early Middle Ages it was a small village like Tiddington, but today it consists only of a large rectory built around 1819 and uninhabited, with the stables converted into a house for the local schoolmaster. The location of the parish church is 200 m high, and the church itself is located on a hill, about 200 m above sea level.
It cuts through Rycote Park, then runs south to meet the Thame Road, and then south again, along the Rycotes and ponds, before cutting back north to cut through Ry Cotes Park and run south along the eastern border. The main road from Oxford to the Thames crosses the north of the community, but a third, Sandy Lane, connects Thames Street with London Street, which crosses the southern tip of the community. Although it flows westward from the Ickford Bridge, it is part of its northern boundary, and its meadows lie on the riverbank and are at risk of flooding. There are only others of historical importance in the area, such as St. Mary’s Church and the Church of St. John the Evangelist, both in Tiddington.
The latter road accounts for the majority of the population of the area and for most of the traffic and population growth in recent years.